VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
We are working to vaccinate as many eligible individuals as quickly as possible.
Easier access to vaccines and more people eligible
VA is adding walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at all VA facilities and outpatient clinics that offer COVID-19 vaccines. Please check hours for vaccination clinics.
Congress has passed a law which allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
If you don't receive care at VA, we encourage you to pre-register online at least one hour before you go, to save time when you arrive. While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place. For more about vaccinations at VA, visit: www.va.gov/covidvaccine.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
All Veterans (regardless of enrollment status), as well as spouses, caregivers and recipients of CHAMPVA benefits are currently eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine from VASNHS and may do so in the following ways:
- Walk-in vaccines are available from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays for Veterans, spouses and caregivers at the North Las Vegas VA Medical Center Auditorium. Vaccinations at all other VASNHS sites of care are currently by appointment only.
- Enrolled Veterans may receive a text via VEText that will allow them to schedule their COVID-19 vaccine appointment. Veterans can also use VEText to sign up for an appointment by sending the word “Vaccine” to 53079, and this will start the direct scheduling process.
- Veterans, spouses and caregivers can call (702) 791-9185 to scheedule an appointment between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. weekdays. (Note: This is a reservation line only).
Please Note: To expedite the vaccination process, non-enrolled Veterans, spouses and caregivers are highly encouraged to sign up to get a COVID vaccine online prior to making an appointment or walking into a VA facility.
Veterans who are receiving multiple dose vaccinations from VASNHS must receive both doses at the same location. Additionally, VASNHS cannot provide second vaccine doses to anyone who receives their first dose from another vaccine provider.
- VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only