Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System


Community Partners


VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) is proud of our affiliation with our stakeholders and community leaders.  In an effort to maintain open lines of communication with our community partners, we've established forums with congressional Veteran liaisons, maintain the highly successful Joint Venture with Nellis Air Force Base, host a monthly meeting with our State Commanders Veteran Advisory Council and participate in local and rural outreach health care events in the community. 

We continually meet with community leaders, informing them on the status of the VA and solicit their perspective of how the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System can meeting and/or exceeding the needs of the Veterans in Southern Nevada and rural areas.

Community Partners -- Claims Processing 

Our mission and goal is to provide world-class health care for your service-connected disabilities but we also know that you might have entitlements beyond health care needs.  That is why we are proud to promote a service provided by the VA (directly and indirectly) to assist you with filing your disability claim. 

Your first opportunity is to visit our Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) office.  They have representative available to assist you in processing your claim.  The VBA is located at the VA Medical Center, 6900 North Pecos Road, North Las Vegas, NV 89086 (On the corner of Pecos Road and the 215) It is open from 8am – 4pm, Monday through Friday (Closed all Federal Holidays).  The central telephone number is 1-800-827-1000. To make an apppointment please call: (702) 224-6824. See more information about the VBA at
Your second opportunity is in the community.  The State of Nevada and our local Veteran Service Organizations offer you, the Veteran, another avenue to assist in completing and submitting your disability claim. 

National Service Officers (NSO) and the Nevada Office of Veteran Services (NOVS) offices are located with the VBA offices at the New VA Medical Center, 6900 North Pecos Road, North Las Vegas, NV 89086. NSOs are trained by the VA to process your claim and at no cost to you!

Claims Process

Although it may vary, here is an example of what might be expected when filing a claim:

   • POA – NSO will ask for a limited Power of Attorney (POA) so that they can 
                process your claim.  Don’t be afraid of this transaction.  They will need 
                authorization in order to obtain important documents to appropriately
                submit your claim. 

   • Intake:  NSO will conduct an initial interview about your case.  If
                   appropriate, NSO can request the Veteran’s Military Case File  or
                  “C File.”

   • “C File”:  After receiving the "C File", NSO will do a complete review and
                    then interview the Veterans to discuss the intricacies of the claim.

   • Request DD-214 – If you don’t have your Discharge Papers or Separation 
                                  Documents, you can order your DD-214, Certificate of
                                  Release or Discharge from Active Duty, by going on line:

   • File Claim – When all of the military and civilian medical records are collected, 
                        the NSO does an assessment to see if the Veteran has
                        justification to file the claim for service connected disability. 
                        When all parties have conferred and are in agreement, the NSO
                        will then file the claim to the Veterans Benefits Administration
                        (VBA) Office on behalf of the Veteran (if applicable).  
                        (NOTE:  Appeals cannot be filed by e-mail.)

At times, claims are returned for more information or can be disapproved at any 
stage in the process.  If disapproved, an NSO can:

   • File a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) on behalf of the Veteran.

   • The NSO can appeal your claim to the Decision Review Officer (DRO). 

   • The NSO can appeal your claim to the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA).

And if it is disapproved by the BVA:

   • It is then appealed to the Appeals Management Center (AMC).

And if it’s disapproved by the AMC:

The Veteran has the option to pay an attorney to appeal it to the Courts of Appeals.  At this point, only one agency/person can have the Veteran’s POA so the NSO will relinquish their POA to your attorney.  (NOTE:  NSOs cannot represent the Veteran in the United State Court of Veterans Appeals). 

We have provided a list of National Service Officers in Las Vegas to serve you.